Become a Driver
Now is the perfect time to consider a career as a school bus driver! Here's why...
1. Try it out with no strings attached.
Come test drive a school bus on Saturday, April 22 at Northfield Jr/Sr High School. Our Transportation Team will teach you the basics, while you are able to try it out within the safety of a large parking lot. The event runs from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Everyone 21 and older with a clean driving record is welcome to attend.
2. All mandatory training is being offered locally.
For the first time, the federally required three-day training is being offered right here in Wabash. These trainings usually take place across the state, so we are thrilled to host this training on May 31 through June 2, 2023 at Northfield Jr/Sr High. *State permits must be obtained by this training.
3. All onboarding costs are being covered by MSDWC.
Typically there are serval costs included in becoming a school bus driver through permits, trainings, etc. MSDWC is now offering reimbursements for all these costs.
Being a bus driver provides many benefits. Scroll through to see reasons why becoming a bus driver might benefit you!
- Competitive pay - starting at $95/day
- $1500 sign-on bonus
- Same schedule as school children, including summers, holidays, and school breaks off
- Free time in work day - average 3 hour work days
- Opportunity to pair bus driving with other school corporation positions for full-time work
- Paraprofessional (Classroom Aide)
- School Cook